Wonderful ranch style home in the country with a nice pole barn in a great Posey County location! The real estate consists of a 1.55 +/- acre lot improved with a 2,019 sf home built in 1977. The well-maintained home contains 3 to 4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms & a full walk-out basement with kitchen. The wide, covered front porch provides a great place for a porch swing to enjoy the peaceful country views, the backyard is spacious and perfect for children to play. Just inside the front door, the foyer with coat closet opens into the living / dining area. The comfortable living room features a beamed ceiling, wood burning fireplace with a unique brick surround with a wood mantle, a firewood storage space & a ledge to sit & enjoy the fire close up. There is also a sliding glass door to the back deck & a dining area. The adjoining kitchen is equipped with a JennAir electric cooktop, JennAir double wall oven, KitchenAid dishwasher, double stainless sink, Kenmore refrigerator & large walk-in pantry. A bright sunroom with ceramic flooring and a wall A/C unit has access to both the living room & the 2 car attached garage. This flexible space could be used for several different purposes: office, playroom, art studio, home gym or even a bedroom. The home boasts a spacious master bedroom with large walk-in closet. The main floor also contains a second bedroom, full bathroom, an office that could be used as a bedroom, a separate laundry room & hall linen closet. The basement is a great spot for entertaining with a full kitchen with double sink, range & refrigerator. The 1,654 sf basement could also be a separate, fully functional living space with a full bath with shower and a room that could be used as a bedroom. The basement, with 1,200 sf of finished space also features a wood burning fireplace that currently houses a wood burning stove, a completely repainted drop ceiling, furnace room with plenty of storage space, utility room with sink & unfinished storage area with exterior access. The all electric home has German TWP water, a well and a septic system that was cleaned out about 5 years ago. The home has been improved with a new furnace & A/C unit in 2014, a new roof in 2009, thermal pane windows throughout the home, and an in-ground electric fence for pets. The pole barn with concrete floor & electric service is another highly desirable feature of the property. The 40’ x 60’ building consists of a large open space with a 2 post car lift, an office & a loft. Desirable area for a family, with 4-Star Marrs Elementary School less than a mile away. Disclosure: Although the future of the proposed Posey County solar project is uncertain and has not been approved by the county, landowners in the area have signed leases with the project. Updated maps do not show solar panels in the immediate vicinity of this property. Maps are in the Documents section.
Master bedroom - 19’ 2” x 14’ with closet
Bedroom #2 - 11’ x 14’ 3” with closet
Laundry Room - 9’ x 5’ 2”
Office - 10’ 9” x 11’ 2”
Kitchen - 12’ 5” x 13’ 4”
Dining Area - 12’ 5” x 9’
Living Room - 23’ 7” x 14’
Sunroom - 23’ 4” x 14’
Downstairs Living Room - 23’ 6” x 13’ 7”
Downstairs Kitchen/Dining Area: 31’ x 13’ 8”
Downstairs Optional Bedroom: 11’ x 14’ 6"
Downstairs Bathroom: 8’ 4” x 8’
Furnace Room: 20’ x 4” x 11’
Utility/Storage Room: 14’ x 18’ 5”
SIMULCAST AUCTION PROCESS:
The real estate will be offered in a simulcast auction, which is a live, on-site auction with real time online bidding. Potential buyers can bid in the manner that is most convenient for them: either on-site at the live auction or online at www.curranmiller.com.
An earnest money deposit of 5% is due within 24 hours of auction conclusion with the balance due within 45 days. The purchaser shall assume the real estate taxes due and payable in November 2021. Possession will be given at final closing. Any fee (typically $250 - $300) charged by a title company or escrow agent to close the transaction will be split evenly between buyer & seller. The real estate will sell subject to owner approval. See terms tab for complete auction terms. Sellers: Saundra & Clinton Hadley
From Hwy 62, go south on Ford Rd., go east on Lower Mt. Vernon. The property is on the south side of the road.
• The real estate will be offered in a simulcast auction, which is a live, on-site auction with real time online bidding. Potential buyers can bid in the manner that is most convenient for them: either on-site at the live auction or online at www.curranmiller.com.
• An earnest money deposit of 5% is due within 24 hours of auction conclusion with the balance due within 45 days.
REAL ESTATE TAXES:
• Purchaser shall assume the real estate taxes due & payable in Nov. 2021.
CLOSING & POSSESSION:
• Possession shall be at final closing.
• Any fee charged by a title company or escrow agent to close the transaction (typically $250 to $300) shall be split evenly between buyer & seller.
• This live auction is not contingent on or subject to financing, appraisal, survey or inspections of any kind, as agreed to by Bidder and or Buyers at registration prior to bidding.
• Real estate shall sell subject to owners’ approval.
EASEMENTS, & ZONING:
• The sale of this property is subject to any and all easements of record.
• The sale of this property is subject to all state and local zoning ordinances.
• The real estate shall sell in its entirety to a sole bidder, a survey will not be provided to the buyer.
• Parcel dimensions and acreages are based on legal descriptions & public records
• Aerial photos are for illustration purposes only and not surveyed boundary lines.
INSPECTION, DUE DILIGENCE, ABSENCE OF WARRANTIES, & MISC. TERMS:
• Curran Miller Auction / Realty, Inc., Agents and Representatives are agents of the Seller. Buyer and or Bidder agrees to hold harmless and indemnify Curran Miller Auction / Realty, Inc. and its Agents and its Representatives from any and all claims, damages or suits including but not limited to awards, judgments, costs, fees, etc.
• Please check for updated information prior to scheduled auction time to inspect any changes, corrections, or additions to the property information. All information contained in this information packet and all related materials are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the Contract for Sale of Real Estate agreement. The property is being sold on an “AS IS, WHERE IS” basis, and no warranty or representation either expressed or implied, concerning the property is made by the Seller or Curran Miller Auction / Realty, Inc., Agents or Representatives. All sketches and dimensions in the brochure are approximate. Each potential bidder is responsible for conducting his or her own independent inspections, investigations, inquiries, and due diligence concerning the property. The information contained in the brochure and on the website is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, errors, or omissions is assumed by the Seller, Curran Miller Auction / Realty, Inc., Agents or Representatives. Conduct of the auction and increments of bidding are at the direction and discretion of the Auctioneer. All decisions of Curran Miller Auction / Realty, Inc. are final. Any dispute between Curran Miller Auction / Realty, Inc., its Agents or Representatives and the Buyer(s) will be tried in a court of jurisdiction in Vanderburgh County, Indiana. By bidding on the property, buyer agrees to all terms and conditions set forth.
• Buyer and or Bidder agrees to hold harmless and indemnify Curran Miller Auction / Realty, Inc. and its Agents, Owners, Directors, Employees and its Representatives from any and all claims, damages or suits including but not limited to awards, judgments, costs, fees, etc.
• Any and all announcements made day of auction take precedence over previously stated terms.
Sellers: Saundra & Clinton Hadley