Unique Custom Built Home
on 3.75± Acres in Scott Twp.
16222 Volkman Rd. - Evansville
Live Onsite Real Estate Auction:
Mon., July 20th at 6:00 pm
Sunday, July 12th from 1-3 pm.
Showings after this date can be scheduled by calling the auction company at 812.474.6100
Real Estate Info:
THE LIST PRICE OF $150,000 IS THE SUGGESTED AUCTION OPENING BID AMOUNT. THE PROPERTY WILL BE OFFERED IN A LIVE AUCTION ON MON., JULY 20TH @ 6 PM. THIS IS NOT A FORECLOSURE AUCTION. THE REAL ESTATE WILL SELL SUBJECT TO THE APPROVAL OF THE PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE. The real estate is in need of some upgrades and repairs & is selling As-Is. Inspections can be conducted prior to the auction but are for buyer informational purposes only.
The real estate consists of 3.75 +/- acres improved with a 2,132 sq. ft. home with a 1,672 sf unfinished basement. Nestled among mature trees overlooking picturesque fields, you will find the striking, custom-built home of respected landscape architect, Stephen Meyerholtz. As you approach the front porch, you can see all the way through to the large wall of windows on the opposite side of the home, which was designed by a Washington DC architect. The bright 2 story entry features tile floors and 2 large windows that allow light to stream in from the second floor. To the right of the foyer, the master bedroom suite features a walk-in closet with built-in shelves. The master bathroom boasts a curved glass block wall designed to complement the oval jetted tub. The master bath also has a shower. The dramatic, open living room features a cathedral ceiling, a 2-story wall of windows, a gas fireplace & French doors that lead to the wrap-around deck, where you can enjoy the beautiful views. To the left of the living room, the dining room contains a bank of built-in cabinets. Just off the dining area, the kitchen boasts another rounded glass block wall with a rounded bar and is equipped with a double stainless-steel sink, side-by-side refrigerator, dishwasher, Jenn-air electric range with grill and built-in microwave. The main floor of the home also contains a room that could be a bedroom or office and a half bath. A unique open staircase leads to the loft with a bedroom with a full bath with tub shower combo and two floored attic storage areas. The loft features attractive architectural elements such as beams and a high ceiling with cupola type design. The unfinished, walkout basement contains large windows, an open area with a gas fireplace, a laundry room, and 3 additional rooms, one of which appears to be a roughed-in bathroom. The real estate is also improved with a 2-car detached garage.
Water: Cistern with divider.
Sewer: Septic with field bed located on the west side of the garage.
Water heater: Electric
Furnace: Natural gas
Real estate taxes: $2,914.96
Bedroom/office - 10‘ x 9‘ 10”
Loft bedroom - 13‘ 9“ x 13‘ 10“
Kitchen – 14‘ 9“ x 9‘ 5“
Dining room - 14’ 5” x 9’ 8”
Living room - 23’ x 27’ 9”
Master bedroom - 14’ 5” x 15’ 2”
Master bath - 9’ 3” x 14’ 3”
10 month average, plus tax & other Vectren charges:
Electric - $60.40
Actual Gas - $35.40
Distribution Charge for Gas - $47.50
• Purchaser shall assume the real estate taxes due & payable in May 2021.
• Possession shall be at the final closing.
• Any fee charged by a title company or escrow agent to close the transaction (typically $250 to $300) shall be split evenly between buyer & seller.
• This live auction is not contingent on or subject to financing, appraisal, survey, or inspections of any kind, as agreed to by Bidder and or Buyers at registration prior to bidding.
• Real estate shall sell subject to the Personal Representatives approval.
• The sale of this property is subject to any and all easements of record.
• The sale of this property is subject to all state and local zoning ordinances.
• Parcel dimensions and acreages are based on legal descriptions & public records
• Aerial photos are for illustration purposes only and not surveyed boundary lines.
• Curran Miller Auction / Realty, Inc., Agents and Representatives are agents of the Seller. Buyer and or Bidder agrees to hold harmless and indemnify Curran Miller Auction / Realty, Inc. and its Agents and its Representatives from any and all claims, damages or suits including but not limited to awards, judgments, costs, fees, etc.
• Please check for updated information prior to scheduled auction time to inspect any changes, corrections, or additions to the property information. All information contained in this information packet and all related materials are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the Contract for Sale of Real Estate agreement. The property is being sold on an “AS IS, WHERE IS” basis, and no warranty or representation either expressed or implied, concerning the property is made by the Seller or Curran Miller Auction / Realty, Inc., Agents or Representatives. All sketches and dimensions in the brochure are approximate. Each potential bidder is responsible for conducting his or her own independent inspections, investigations, inquiries, and due diligence concerning the property. The information contained in the brochure and on the website is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, errors, or omissions is assumed by the Seller, Curran Miller Auction / Realty, Inc., Agents or Representatives. Conduct of the auction and increments of bidding are at the direction and discretion of the Auctioneer. All decisions of Curran Miller Auction / Realty, Inc. are final. Any dispute between Curran Miller Auction / Realty, Inc., its Agents or Representatives and the Buyer(s) will be tried in a court of jurisdiction in Vanderburgh County, Indiana. By bidding on the property, buyer agrees to all terms and conditions set forth.
• Buyer and or Bidder agrees to hold harmless and indemnify Curran Miller Auction / Realty, Inc. and its Agents, Owners, Directors, Employees and its Representatives from any and all claims, damages or suits including but not limited to awards, judgments, costs, fees, etc.
• Any and all announcements made day of auction take precedence over previously stated terms.
• Seller: Estate of Mr. Stephen Meyerholtz